Exterior photograph of the synagogue on the The Jewish Consumptive Relief Society (J.C.R.S.) grounds located in Denver, Colorado. Jewish Consumptive Relief Society was incorporated in 1904 to serve tubercular patients other institutions considered too ill to benefit from treatment. At the outset, the facility consisted of six frame and canvas tents and a one story administrative building. The design of the sanitarium resulted in a campus-like atmosphere meant to provide a sense of peace and solitude. The building facades face a landscaped parkway which forms an esplanade more that a block in length. The buildings reflect a panorama of institutional architecture as it developed during the first half of the 20th century.
The Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, History Colorado, reserves all rights to materials in society collections, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital files and publications of the society. Publication or reproduction of photographs or other materials from History Colorado collections requires written permission from the Society.