QUICKIE MINUTES...CHUN BOARD OF DELEGATES MEETING JUNE 25, 1981
1. Minutes of May meeting accepted unanimously upon motion by LeRoy Miller.
2. Report from Meg Nagel...She and President Marcia Hughes empowered by unanimous
vote on LeRoyfs motion to negotiate with Community Center and Our Saviors about
one of them sponsoring our Venture Grant proposal. Megfs expenses to neighborhood conference in Tucson authorized upon unanimous vote on Bernie Jones1 motion.
CHUN will seek Metro State College student intern at $500 pending satisfactory
job description and applicant, upon unanimous vote on Max Van Patten's motion.
3. Reports by other officers. No actions taken.
4. VISTA reports by Paula Kelley and Bernie Jones (for Steve Valecevic). No actions.
5. Dan Paulien's motion to elect Chris Christiansen to the Board as an At-Large
Delegate passed unanimously. Also passed unanimously were Nancy Hauswald's
motion to elect Elizabeth Crawford as Treasurer, and LeRoy1s motion to elect
Patsy Frannea and himself as VPs for Communications.
6. Report by Councilwoman Cathy Donohue on her recent activities.
7. Dan reviewed problems stemming from rezoning case at 13th and Harrison. He
moved CHUN oppose the rezoning because it increases the density of nonconforming
use in residentially-zoned area and is opposed by immediate neighbors, but that
CHUN would facilitate resident-applicant discussion if application is withdrawn
before Council hearing. Motion passed with one abstention.
8. Dan led discussion of proposed procedure for handling zoning issues, calling
for setting up meetings with immediate neighbors. Proposal accepted by general
9. CHUN will oppose the downtown mall skybridge idea, upon vote on Joyce Thorn's
motion - passed with one abstention.
10. CHUN will support with a $100 contribution INCfs height ordinance workshop,
upon vote on Bernie!s motion (passed with one abstention).
11. Report by Nancy Hauswald on successful CHUN tamale booth. Delegates thanked
12. Final People's Fair report by coordinator Nancy Rettig. Net about $22,000
Robert Duncan proposed committee look at endowment; committee to explore it.
Resolutions of thanks to Nancy and D.J. Inman.
13. Joyce gave majority report from committee set up to look into advisability of
joining suit vs RTD on southeast mall transit facility, namely, that we join
the suit. Grounds: no EIS done and public money being used irresponsibly.
Dan gave minority report. Vote to join suit: 9-4-1, with Dan opposing.
14. A litigation committee was set up to suggest procedures for addressing possible suits by CHUN.
15.;Dan moved we appeal United Bank approval to vacate alley, decsion made by Board
of Adjustment Zoning. Karen Tomb doing legal work pro bono. Unanimous vote.
16. At next meeting of Board, Transp. Comm. will give written recommendation on
advisability of our joining Clean Air Coalition.
17. Joyce moved we create committee to recommend procedures for allocating back
to community the $6000 netted on sale of contents of Cheesman houses. Unanimous
vote to do so.
18. LeRoyfs motion to authorize filing of papers for creating companion tax-exempt
corporation passed unanimously.
19. Unsinkable Neighbors was authorized to oppose any licensing of House of Draught,
taking necessary actions, short of litigation, upon unanimous vote on LeRoyfs
Submitted by Bernie Jones, Sec'y.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.