View of Pikes Peak and Papeton (formerly Curtis), Colorado, northeast of Colorado Springs; original site named Curtis by W.W. Curtis who opened Curtis Coal Mine, relocated & renamed Papeton by striking coal miners in 1903 after their leader, John Pape; both sites later became known as Papeton; smelter or factory, wooden frame residences, Denver & Rio Grande Railroad open & box freight cars, and clouds.
[between 1903 and 1910]
Glass plate retouched by photographer.; Title and signature hand-lettered on glass plate.; Vintage photographic print.; R7000717021
1 photonegative : glass ; 21 x 26 cm. (8 x 10 in.); 1 photoprint ; 19 x 24 cm. (7 1/2 x 9 1/2 in.)
Is Part Of
L. C. McClure collection 1890-1935.; L. C. McClure collection 1890-1935, album VI.
Papeton (Colo.)--1900-1910.; Pikes Peak (Colo.)--1900-1910.; Mountains--Colorado--Papeton--1900-1910.; Railroad freight cars--Colorado--Papeton--1900-1910.; Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Company.
Restrictions applying to use or reproduction of this image available from the Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library.